4.12.2013

Letter To My Eos

My Dear Eos (The Goddess of Dawn),

It has been almost six years and 42,000 miles. I remember the day I brought you home. It was as if I was bringing home a baby from the hospital. All the oohs and aahs from the neighbors and co-workers. "It's like a transformer" said my boss Michael. "That is so cool, I've never seen anything like that" said my friend and co-worker Heide (who, less than a year later, also bought an Eos). Even my husband was in awe of you and still is to this day.




Unlike all other cars I've purchased or leased, you're the one I feel the most comfortable in. I just knew we were meant to be together. I fit so snuggly inside your seats and I'm attracted to your sunny disposition.

You aren't my first hard top convertible, but you are the first with a built in panoramic sunroof. Oh the many times I've taken your top down (in 25 seconds) to feel the wind in my hair and the sun on my face. It's just you, me and nature at its' finest.

I love your confidence, comfort, handling, steering and the way you keep me safe. You never cease to amaze me. The zippiness of your 4 cylinder turbo charged engine (sans the occasional lag) is a turn on. I adore your fuel efficient ways that prevent me from visiting the gas station. It's always high octane for you, my swift little nugget.

I appreciate your rain sensitive windshield wipers and heated front seats. You really know how to spoil me. You may not have a lot of storage, but I don't have a lot of stuff. You may have faux leather seats, but no one, including me, can tell the difference. I'm glad we spared the cow anyway.

Although some say you're not as sexy as a Goddess should be, I say your looks are perfect to me. And isn't that what counts anyway? You're like me, you don't care what anyone else thinks - you're secure in your own skin and I can leave the house without makeup.

I apologize for all the little dings, dents and scratches. I can assure you they were not caused by me. I would never cause you such harm. I cannot control the disrespect others show when they open their car doors onto your smooth, grey body.

But now there's something you need to know. It has been gnawing at me for several months. Lately I've been having thoughts about trading you in and I can't help it. God knows I love you to the core. People change. Carz change. What's a girl to do? I sense your retractable hardtop is getting somewhat arthritic. Your tire pressure monitoring system is getting a little schizophrenic just to name a few. I'm getting older and arthritic too - see, we are alike in that respect, only I'm not schizophrenic or maybe I am!

I think I miss the roominess of a sedan. That's right. I said it. A sedan. A four-door sedan. And besides, you're two years over the basic warranty and one year over the drivetrain warranty. This is when repairs start to add up. You get the picture, right? Can you blame me? An infotainment/navi system would be nice too.

Don't get me wrong, I do appreciate all that you've provided me and I am forever grateful. You've been the constant in my ever so hectic life. It's just that I think a change is in order. I'm not 100% sure, that's why I used the word "think" twice.

If there is a positive here my dear, sweet Eos, it's that I'm considering your larger VW relatives. Oh don't be jealous. The carz I'm pondering won't be as fast as you and won't bring me in touch with nature. My next car will never and could never compare to you.

Affectionately yours,
Sindi

No comments:

Post a Comment